Friday, December 10, 2010

Lucy is Done


Lucy was finished last weekend. Even though I only seemed to have a little bit of work left on her, it took me several hours to finish the background. I think I will have her made into a Spring Pillow. The instructions said she was finished with pink with white polka dot material.



This is the Santacicle canvas I took at ANG. My stand made a hole in the canvas so I ordered a new canvas and I am taking this as a class through the Shinning Needle Society. I am not sure I like the red sparkly stuff I am putting in his hat. That is why I stopped on this project until I could see it in the light of day. With the petite very velvet it looks crowded. I may skip this stuff and just add the beads.



You may not be able to see my progress because it was only a few hours of work. I put in four lengths of thread around the brown spots. I put in a couple more lengths of sea grass in the area below the spots. I need to get in the sea grass so I can tell where to put in my spots. This piece is my challenge piece for my local guild. I think it could be possible to finish this piece by the second week in January. This piece is too big to travel with but I am off of work and home 8 days at the end of the month. I may travel with Santacicles. (Yet another opportunity to trash this canvas) :)

I have a few new followers that I would like to welcome. Longtime or new followers I would like to thank you for joining me on my stitching blog. If I don't follow your blog or if you start a new blog, leave me a comment or an email and I will be happy to follow your blog.

This weekend is the big party weekend. Both parties should be fun. I am blowing off my Guild Meeting tomorrow morning because I am afraid there could be a fine line between the party tonight and Saturday morning. The EGA party is also in a far away suburb and the weather could be icy tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a warm and stitchy weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment