Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Monday morning!!  I feel like I have already put in a full day and in reality it is not even lunch time yet.  DH had early morning calls with Asia and another with Europe so we were up early.  Actually, I stayed in bed and read while he was getting ready.  I will finish A Discovery of Witches today.  I am really enjoying this book and I have heard others say they enjoyed it as well.  It is a 600 page Vampire/Witch book so be prepared to spend some time with these creatures. 

Speaking of Witches, Frog Stew is coming along.  We had a very quiet week and weekend last week so I got a lot of needlepoint done.  Last week, I finished her vest, hat, Frogs (other than beaded eyes and back stitching which is done at the end), the moon other than the lower left hand side still needs to be couched and the cauldron which also needs to be couched.  I think I will continue to work on her through Halloween and see what I can accomplish. 
 Hog Wash got a few more knots.  I did some of the pink flowers in the boarder and some more grass. 

 On Friday's, I typically work at home.  I had our bed torn apart and I was washing the bedding.  I had the sheets done and was waiting on the blankets to dry.  I walk into the bedroom and laying on my bed pillow at the end of my chase lounge was my little old man enjoying the down pillow.  He is 17 years old so he gets to do what he wants and I have mismatched pillow cases on my bed this week.  It is good to be the King!
Have a great stitching week.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, your cat is so sweet! And of course he gets what he wants! :D Love your stitching and french knots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your needlepoint is fantastic! Love the design. Great French knots, too! Your cat is adorable. :)

    I read A Discovery of Witches over the summer and loved it. I wasn't too crazed at how it ended--I hate waiting for the next book--but was glad to see that the movie rights to it have been sold. It'll be interesting to see it made into a movie. If you liked that book, you'd probably like Angelology by Danielle Trussoni.

    ReplyDelete