Wednesday, November 10, 2010


Hello from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I don't have any pictures downloaded yet but I thought I would drop in and say HI. We have had a very relaxing trip and enjoyed our friends house. They have a wonderful pool that is great to float around on and a outdoor pizza oven. It is a little cool today so I have been laying around reading and playing on their computers.


The lifestyle down here is very different than what I am used to. We have walked around some, we went to the park, we have eaten out which all seems normal. What is not normal to us in the U.S. is I have been in armored cars with armed drivers in case we are car jacked, friends hired the owner of a restaurant to come in their home and make 6 of us sushi, we have a guard in front of the house 24/7 and we are sleeping behind a bullet proof door for the upstairs bedrooms. I am not freaked out by any of this and I have felt safe but thieves target Americans, wealthy Brazilians, and their good stuff so extra precautions are necessary.


We have another day in Sao Paulo and then we are going to Rio. When I get back I will post pictures and tell you more about our experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment