Friday, February 25, 2011

No Project Loyalty Around Here



When I had time to stitch this week, I could not settle on any one project. Let me start with Beautie Spot and its wrinkles. This is a solid three years of wrinkles that we are all going to have to live with until the end. Margie wanted to see the whole picture and the one below is the progress I made on my current motif. I finished most of the stitching below the two smaller leaves last night. I am going to try to finish this motif over the weekend and start a March Motif. Several readers have said they have this or the sister piece hanging around in the WIP pile. If you want to set a goal to finish a March Motif with me, we could encourage each other along the way. (Goals for other pieces are welcome too.) I think I have five designs left to finish.


I got the top orange stripe done this week. I am not sure I did the corners correctly but I am not picking this out. It took a long time to put in. The stitch is a six trip herringbone. I think I have five more lines in this project. The same designer as Mayan Lightning will be teaching a new project at our March 12th Guild meeting so it would be nice to have this one done before I start a new project.



Hogwash is coming along. I completed the grass on the right hand side and the tops of two trees. I just love doing these knot projects.

The weekend is almost here. We are hosting two dinner parties this weekend. One is for 10 of our close friends. He is serving a menu of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Breakfast is asparagus with poached egg and pancetta, lunch is a chicken crepe and dinner is beef bourguignon. On Sunday we will have a smaller party with homemade ravioli in a cream sauce with peas that is so good. I am really going to have to start going to the gym again so I can show my arms and not my belly during charity event season this spring.

Have a very happy, stitchy weekend.




2 comments:

  1. You are making amazing progress on BS! It makes me want to start my own. :-) I like everything elso too!

    ReplyDelete