Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012

Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  I decided I really liked not working but life would not be as much fun without the paycheck. 

I finished the Night at the Opera ornament by Princess and Me.  He went to the finisher on Saturday.  I think he turned out cute and he was a fairly quick stitch. 

I did finish stitching Beautie Spot while I was in Naples for Christmas.  When I got home, I ironed the piece and a little bit of color ran under the deer.  I fixed the problem by picking out the black and adding a couple more rows of stitching so all is well.  I am adding the spangles which are not in this picture.  I added all the spangles that I had but I am about 20 spangles short.  They were shipped yesterday so this is getting so close to finished and I will post a final picture soon!!


Our guild had a stitch-in on New Years Eve day.  We had a great turnout of 15 ladies.  I worked on Windy City Santa but I did not take a picture.  That night we had a dinner party for eight friends and two babies.  DH made southern appetizers of shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles, and biscuits and gravy.  For dinner he made a filet, twice baked potatoes and creamed spinach.  It was a wonderful meal and lots of wine.  It is great to live with a man that loves to cook and he cleans up.

I hope 2012 brings much happiness, good health, and lots of stitching time.  

6 comments:

  1. Love the ornament and Beatuie Spot. Meal sound fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornament and Beautie Spot both look fabulous.
    Yummy... your dinner sounded delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice stitching, your meal sounded wonderful and your hubby is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pieces are beautiful. But huge congrats on Beauty Spotte! Thank goodness the running of the color didn't cause problems! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes, Kelly! Beautie Spotte looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finishes, Kelly. Santa is darling and Beauty is gorgeous. :D

    ReplyDelete