Monday, September 20, 2010

New project





The past weekend was the pilot class for Mayan Lightning. This is being blogged about with Diane Herrmann's permission and will be a half day class at NAN in early March. We got up early on Saturday morning and stitched on black and with rayon. You never do your best work in a classroom setting so I am excited to stitch on this under less stressful conditions. Don't you just love the colors? Diane finished hers in a black lacquered box lid.

This weekend was busy. After the class, we went to the Sox game. Our tickets were so good. We were next to the Detroit dugout about directly across from home plate and in the third row. It is a shame such good tickets were wasted on me. I could really careless about baseball. I consider baseball games a cover charge to drink so it would have been nice if they would have taken my BIL instead of me because he is a Sox fan. I own a Sox sweatshirt because it was part of a Halloween costume many years ago.

Yesterday we had 11 people over for dinner. DH made gumbo and red beans and rice. Today is his birthday so I bought him a rice cooker. I know you are not supposed to give appliances for birthday gifts. He has wanted one and I did not have a gift idea so this worked out perfectly. Tonight, seven of us are going to Girl and the Goat. This is Stephanie Izard's new restaurant. Stephanie won Top Chef a few years ago. It is one of the hottest restaurants in town right now. It took me a month to get reservations on a Monday night. You can get in easier with smaller parties.


Here is my update on Lucy. I got in a little more black basket weave and the yellow flower in Nobuko. The leaves are a stitch that I have yet to master. I need to pull out my stitching books and figure this out.




Finally, I thought I would leave you with a picture of the chocolate, pecan pie DH made for last nights dinner. It looks good but I don't eat many sweets so I did not have any. I might try a piece with lunch today.

Hopefully, I can get a something done this week and give another update later in the week. Happy stitching!



No comments:

Post a Comment