Monday, October 18, 2010

Not One but Two Finishes this weekend!!


My Teresa Layman French know set is done. I could obviously use an iron and someone else will finish this for me but I will enjoy this set. In case you have not been following me or are not familiar with Teresa's designs, this is a scissor case, a needle book and a scissor fob. Some people find French knot more horrid than going to the dentist but I love these projects. The French knots became so addicting that I bought two more kits. I will take a break for now and work on some of my other projects. One day when I need comfort, I will pull out a Teresa Layman FK project.

My second finish this weekend is my Orna Willis project from seminar. I really cannot see myself wearing this piece but I think it will look cute on my Christmas tree even if the colors are not traditional. Orna gave me a second kit that I might also make into an ornament and give it away at an ornament exchange. With the other one, I may change some of the colors to make them more traditional holiday. Not everyone in our ornament exchange is Christian but some that celebrate Chanukah participate so I don't like to do ornaments that have religious meaning.

It was amazing that I got anything done at all this weekend. We had 15 people over for dinner on Saturday night. This required me to clean which is not my usual gig. After the cleaning I had to buy a few things like 6 more place settings so everyone could eat on a glass plate without making me hand wash my china. Once all the mundane things were done, I was off to a sample sale for a new sweater and the nail salon for a mani/pedi. The party went late but I think everyone had a good time. Yesterday was cleaning-up. Mainly all that was left to do was empty the dishwasher and refill it with glasses that did not fit the night before. I still have to do sheets from friends that spent the night. The cleaning lady can take care of the floors and other hard work when she comes tomorrow.

The upcoming week should be much quieter than last week where I had stuff going on every night. This week I will pick a project to play with and hopefully, I will have some progress to show you later this week.

Happy stitching.

2 comments:

  1. I love french knots-your Teresa Layman designs turned out beautifully! Who will be finishing them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finishes are wonderful. French knots used to be the bane of my existence, but I really like them now. I can't imagine an entire project done with them, but it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete