Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Guild Project


I wanted to show off my new project!!  I have never done a Florentine pattern before.  Since the animal was up before humans should be forced out of bed, I finished my first row and it came out where it was supposed to.  From here on out, I will not need to follow a pattern so it should stitch up fairly quickly.  This class was taught and designed by Diane Hermann.  She used our guild as her test class but she is hoping to teach this project at other guilds or regional meetings. 
For participation in Diane's Mayan Lightning class she gave us the magnet promoting the Santa Fe EGA National seminar.  Diane just graduated from NAN and she was selected to teach three classes in Santa Fe.  If you get a chance to take any of her classes they are a lot of fun. Her Owl piece that was chosen for National is beautiful.  Mayan Lightning and a notebook class will also be taught at EGA. 

This weekend is our Guild Retreat in Oak Brook.  I have been organizing this event and I am really looking forward to the weekend.  I have so many things I want to do over the weekend.  I don't really drive all that much so I am going to a cross stitch store and a needlepoint store.  Taxes are a lot cheaper in the suburbs so I want to look for some clothes for my trip to Europe next month.  You would think I was really going someplace but really Oak Brook is only about 20 miles from home:)  The most important thing for the weekend is stitching!!  This new piece will be great for later in the evening when I can no longer give a lot of thought to stitching.  Hopefully, I will get lots done and have fun things to show you on my next post. 

Have a great week and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment