Monday, May 9, 2011

I should hang my head in shame for the little bit I accomplished this week but oh well.  I had things going on after work every night last week so I did not get any stitching done.  I did get one thread into my travel project last week but that is not really all that exciting yet.  The canvas is by Princess and Me.  Notice the stellar job of basket weave in the gingerbread house:)  I was supposed to start with the snow but the stitch the stitch guide said to use is not working for me.  I am going to do something else for the snow. 


Saturday was the Derby and we all bought "Church Hats" for the event.  My friends were kind enough to buy my hat for me.  They were trying on hats in Sears and emailing me the options Friday night while I attended a dinner party.  You can see mine in my new profile picture on the blog.  It was a fun day.  My husband won a little money on the ponies and we had a good time with about fifteen friends at Bulls and Bear.  The party did not end after the race and continued on to dinner and early into Sunday morning.  We were respectful of all religious institutions and did not attend any church services on Sunday morning. 

Sunday ended up being a beautiful day.  I did not go downstate for Mother's Day.  Mom just got a call and a flower arrangement but my brother stepped up his game and took them out to dinner.  I sat out on the terrace and read Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon.  This is the second book in the series which I did enjoy.  They are just popcorn books of historical fiction but they are long, about 1,000 pages.  I have been working on this one for two months.  I will finish it today and move on to something else.  

Not much else is going on in my world.  Things are busy and stitching time is limited but I hope to get back into the swing of things soon. Happy Stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment