Friday, May 27, 2011

Still Reading



Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  I have completely lost my stitching mojo and I am hoping to get it back in a couple of weeks.  Right now I just don't have time to stitch or when I have some time I have been reading.   Since I don't have any stitching to share, I thought I would show you my flowers on the terrace and the front balcony.  Planting flowers takes lots of time.  I had to go to three nursery's to find everything I needed.  We love the flower boxes in England with lots of flowers and plants flowing over.  I think this years boxes will be beautiful when they fill in a bit more.  I cram in the plants.  The boxes on the terrace each have 14 plants per box. 

The front balcony is shaded most of the day and Inpatients do really well up front.  I bought these in flats and each box has 42 plants.  I found a really cute table and chairs at one of the nursery's last weekend that I might have to go and buy.  It was expensive so that is the only thing holding me back a bit but any more everything is expensive. 

In my free time, I have been reading.  I read The Secret Holocaust Diary which was very sad and interesting.  It was a free or nearly free book on Kindle.  I also read The Static of the Spheres which is a novella and also free but this one was not even worth reading for free.   I subscribe to the Random House Book Club newsletter and about once a year they send me a free book.  Last week they sent me The Passage by Justin Cronin.  It is really good.  I would have never have bought this book because it was overpriced on Kindle and did not have enough star to justify the price but I am enjoying the first 100 pages or so.  If I continue to like it I will look at other things Justin has written so it was worth their time and money to send me this book.  I am also reading Executive Privilege on Kindle and IPad. 

Speaking of IPad...What a cool toy!!  No reason in the world to own one other than to play on the Internet and with the Apple Aps but it sure kills time.  I can keep up with all your blogs while I am on vacation.  How cool is that?

Saturday is the Soldier Field 10k which my husband and friends are running in.  Later in the day people will be over for a BBQ.  Sunday is our condo planting flowers in the common areas and then our neighbor is having his 40th birthday party.  Finally, Monday is a trip to my SIL's for another BBQ and a neighborhood parade.  Between all of this I have to get ready for my vacation because every night next week is busy.  Just crazy!

Enjoy the long weekend with your family, friends, books, and loads of stitching.

1 comment:

  1. Your flower boxes are beautiful and will only become better as the season progresses.

    ReplyDelete