Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's Beautie

Beautie Spot


 I have been working on Beautie Spot over the weekend.  I showed my progress on the blue star a couple of weeks ago and now it is finished.  I have the black outline done on the flower so it needs to be filled in with color and you can see a tiny black line for the tail of the Dodo Bird.  I have the Dodo, the bunny, the boarder and a few touches like spangles and initials to finish for the Guild Challenge at the end of the year. 

I have also been able to get in a few French and Colonial knots into my pig project.  I worked on the flowers and some of the sky. 

I did read a wonderful book this week.  It is Mudbound by Hillary Jordon.  It was her first novel and it took her seven years to write this book.  Her second book is coming out in October.  This book reminded me of The Help because each chapter was the voice of one of the main characters.  A question has been going around Facebook:  What book has kept you up way past your bedtime reading?  This could be one of those books.  I did not stay up but I did finish this in about a day.  I also read Mockingjay over the weekend.  This is the final book in the Hunger Game trilogy.  This series could also keep me up past my bedtime.  What book kept you up past your bedtime?  I would love to hear about any great books you have read. 

Last night I apparently gave up on walking.  I live in a soft loft (bedrooms have walls and doors) and it has exposed duct work.  When we do laundry in the summer, condensation forms and it drips on the hallway floor.  I was walking down the hall in flip-flops and fell flat on my bottom.  I was not hurt other than a bruise on my knee and a little jar to the body.  So today I decide to wear sensible shoes and I have tripped no less than 4 times today.  Seriously?  Am I determined to land on my ass again only this time in public? 

My husband has a business dinner tonight which does not happen very often.  I am planning my evening.  I am going to do my household chores like water the poor plants that are subjected to this 100 degree weather, make a quick dinner, and curl up in the stitching chair with my projects and DVR.  I am not home alone all that often so it is something to look forward to. 

Hope you have a wonderful day with at least a little stitching time. 


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find walking highly over rated. Just sit and stitch.Chores will always be waiting. Beautie spot is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Beautie is an amazing piece! I am thrilled to have found your blog...you have such beautiful stitching. I look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your Beautie Spotte! That's one that's on my todo list for sure. So pretty! Love your french knot piece too. Isn't that tedious? I just can't picture doing so many french and colonial knots. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautie looks great! It's been a while since I've seen it and even longer that I stopped up and said hi. I'll try to get up soon.

    ReplyDelete