Hi, I am happy to report that the last couple of weeks have been pretty big stitching weeks for me. I worked on my French Knot Pig. Since the last time I showed this project, I finished the sky, all the flowers at the pig's feet and some more of the green, grass. I love doing the FK projects!!
Windy City Santa has been around for several years. I know I am going to look like a kiss ass, but this is going to be a class I am taking with Libby Sturdy at the beginning of November. For some reason the top part of his lapel was confusing me. I wanted to get this in before the class because I knew I could do it if I would think about it a bit. Since the project was out, I finished the bronze stitching along the bottom because it was about half done. Then I did the shoes because that was mainly basket weave and up right crosses. I started the mittens but I think I will put this away until the class. I will be well behaved in class and work on the beard if I am ahead of the others. The beard is not done because I am not sure if I am doing it right. In Libby's picture you can see the gray outline. If I use all that thick wool, then the outline will not show so I am at a loss.
I got a couple pieces back from the finisher. Be Happy was finished into a scissors fob and Be Merry is a little stand up. Both turned out so cute.
Last weekend was the Windy City EGA Chapter's 30th Anniversary party. We had a very nice lunch and several former members were able to join us. We even got a couple of the ladies to come back to the Guild after a few years. Most were still stitching or working at their other art forms.
My weekend should be fairly quiet. I have our regular Guild meeting tomorrow and Sunday is the Chicago Marathon. I live at the half way mark so it is easy to get out and cheer the people on. I have no desire to run a marathon but I have a few friends running. After most runners are through mile 13, Bloody's and Mimosa's will be served. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend!!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It may be our last really good one until Spring!
11 hours ago
Cute finish. How did you do the ribbon edging?
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. I'm only 2 hours west of you. :)