Thursday, April 22, 2010

Uninspiring stitching


Hi, I don't have any pictures for this post but I have been stitching some this week. I am not real excited about my projects but I want to get these things done and out of my stitching bag. I am almost done with my fourth Kissing Pillow. I want to send off six because that is the number of pieces I cut from the Aida cloth I bought. I really do not like working with Aida any more. It is good that I don't have to wear readers to see the holes but I am not real excited about the look. I understand the Kissing Pillows are for the soldiers and their families, I also get that red, white and blue is patriotic but red, white and blue is not my favorite color pallet. I suppose the male soldiers would not be thrilled with my pastel heart:)


I am also working on my ort box. My picture from a few weeks ago looked like it was almost done or so I thought. The assembly of this box is a royal pain in my stitching a.. I still have one side to line, 8 sides to stitch together and the stitching around the top. I know why there are not many pictures of completed ort boxes on the EGA web page. One lady posted that she completed her box and one for her husband because he liked the box so he wanted one also. That was very kind of her but my husband is going to have to take up needlepoint and finishing if he wants one.


The weekend should be fun. We have a fund raiser for Lincoln Park Community Shelter. This will be my last formal function as a board member. I will still support the Shelter when I retire from the board and go to the fund raisers but I won't have to have the responsibility of getting people to the events and the financial obligations. We have a house warming party on Saturday. They want us to wear bad bridesmaids or prom dresses. I live in a condo so I don't keep clothes I don't wear plus I was a size 0 and 25 years younger when I wore this stuff so it would never fit. I might run by Goodwill and see if I can find something tacky to wear.


I should have some stitching time during the day so hopefully on Monday I will have something to show. Maybe a completed ort box!? Hope you have a fun weekend with lots of stitching time. Thanks for stopping by. Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment