Tuesday, March 16, 2010


I thought I would write today even though I did not take any pictures last night. My ort box is coming along considering I had company all weekend and had several frogging moments. I have done blackwork in the past but I have never done reversible blackwork. That is a whole new experience. The first time through I really did not understand the directions. Once I got the hang of concept, I moved to a different side and left in my bad work for a pattern. The next side went OK but it was the end of the day and I frogged the bad work.


Last night I was fortunate enough to remember the tricks from the day before and finished one side. I turned the piece over and found my thread had a couple of knots in the back so that thread came out but I did complete all the blackwork last night. I also had time to start my second kissing pillow.


Last weekend my brother and his family were in town for the weekend. My condo is a fine size for two of us but it was pretty small for 7 of us. It worked out OK. Fortunately, we have an X-Box that kept the kids pretty happy all weekend. My niece swam in the State meet. She did very well. She came in 4th in her group and 36th overall. She was ranked 39th so she did better than expected.


The weekend was all about food. DH made individual pizza's and milkshakes for Friday nights dinner. Saturday was lobsters and steak with twice baked potatoes which was just delicious. My father's birthday was yesterday so this was his birthday dinner with the family. On Sunday, my nieces made us Swedish pancakes for breakfast.


Now for those who do not know me, you would think stitcher, food like this, and no pictures on the web page...she is big as a house. Not true, I work out several times a week and usually wear a size 4. The reason for no pictures of me is that I just do not have that many. We are not big camera people and no kids so I don't have that many pictures of myself.


Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. DH is planning making corn beef, boiled potatoes and rye bread for dinner for several of our friends. He tried the cabbage a couple of years ago but is smelled so bad that he said, this cost 49 cents and we are not eating this sh..t. He is half Irish so this used to be a big day in his family. Some of the 'pure breeds' (less the distant Italian some ancestor had the nerve to sleep with) in the family still are very big on this holiday. Bag pipes at all graduations, weddings, and funerals.


Well that is about all for today. I will post some pictures later this week. Have a fun St. Patrick's Day if you celebrate. Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment