Friday, March 5, 2010

My box of Goodies


My supplies for my ort box finally arrived last night!! I picked the DMC colors this morning and pulled out the colors from the variegated ThreadworX pearl cotton. They are not the colors I wanted at first but since I did everything by mail order, I worked with what I was sent. Once again my picture is not great. The pink looks much brighter in the picture than it is in real life. In person, it is a very soft baby pink. I love the canvas! It has silver throughout. I hope I like making these boxes because now I have enough canvas and thread to make at least four boxes. DH put together my Evertite stretcher bars last night so this afternoon I will cut the canvas to size and tack it on the bars.


I am almost done with my needle book. I have three rows of colonial knot around the boarder to finish. Those should not really take all that long. Then I can move on to the fob after a little break.

The weekend is finally upon us. I only have dinners with friends planned for Friday and Saturday nights. Hopefully, I will get a good start on stitching my ort box. I feel I am behind on this SIG because it took so long to get my orders. I guess I should have gotten off my stitching chair and ventured to the suburbs for the supplies. I will go out to the burbs at the end of March for my guild stitching retreat. That is always such a good time!

My book for the week was The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson. I really enjoyed this book. It is a real shame this author passed away so young. He is fun to read. His last book will be released in May. It is already high on the best seller list as a pre-sale.

That is all for today. I hope you have lots of time to stitch this weekend. Enjoy!! Kelly


1 comment: