Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kissing Pillows





Good morning!! A note from a mother with a son in the Service went out yesterday asking for Kissing Pillows. I have done a few of these in the past. They are a good way to use up some of that old, white Ada cloth you might have laying around. They work up fairly quickly and they are nice purse projects. I am planning on making a couple!! Here is Becky's note:

I've just received a request from my son's Family Readiness Group Leader for 900 Kissing pillows. He's with the 1st Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment (aka Tiger Squadron) currently stationed at Ft Hood, TX; they will be deploying to Iraq late this summer. My son saw me making pillows for the Ft. Lewis battalion last year and asked that when his unit deployed would I organize a similar project for his unit. How can a mom say no to a request like that? :)

I've gotten my local friends and family working on this and have about 100 made with another 100 in the pipeline. Now I need the help of my national network. The due dates are 1 June if you send me just the stitched pillow top and 1 July for a finished pillow. My mailing address is Becky Hamilton, 116 Belle Ridge Dr, Madison, AL 35758.

As a final note, I have a stitching friend who was a Navy spouse in the 60s. When she tells others about this project, she always mentions how much she and her children would have appreciated a gift like this when her husband was in Vietnam. It accomplishes 2 things: 1) It gives the child a daily reminder that the deployed soldier hasn't forgotten him/her; and 2) it tells the "whole" family that > people they don't know support and appreciate the sacrifice they're making.

If you need a copy of the chart or have other questions or comments, please contact me offline.

TABIA (Thanks a bunch, in advance!)
Becky




No comments:

Post a Comment