Friday, May 7, 2010

Not just One but Two finishes


Last night was a good night! I finished my Sweet Harmony scissor fob and my Soldier Kissing pillows. My long project list was making me kind of twitchy so I was determined to get some things crossed off the list. The scissor fob just had some background around the top to finish.

I finished my six Soldier Kissing pillows. I made six because that is how many pieces I could get out of my piece of Aida. I am really glad this is done. I really do not enjoy making these but I think they are so nice for the soldiers and their families. Next week I will mail these off to the organizer. She has offered to do the finishing if she receives the stitching by June 1st. I do not have a sewing machine anymore plus I am not fond of finishing so I will take her up on her offer. I will send her a donation to help cover the cost of the supplies.

We are going downstate for Mother's Day. I don't think I have been down there since last summer. My parents come to Chicago or I see them in Florida in the colder months. I get to use my mom's surger to go around the edges on some of my pending projects which is so exciting. No more unraveling!! I started three weeks ago pulling things together that need surging. I also bought an Ace Bandage last night so I can try to make a frame cover. I do use Evertites but they can kind of snag some knits or rayon shirts.

Most of my projects are too big for car travel. I think I will work on my Sweet Harmony Scissor case, my ort box or my Easter Punch Needle in the car. I do have some smaller projects kitted but starting one of those defeats my goal of getting things off my list so I can start something new.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day. Hopefully, you will have some time to stitch this weekend. Enjoy. Kelly






1 comment:

  1. That's such a great idea with the stitching pillows. I'm sure that they are very well received. And I love your other project too. Hope you get some stitching done on your travels. I always take things along and then never pick them up.

    ReplyDelete