Friday, May 21, 2010

President's Mystery Project


The picture in black is the Presidents mystery project from ANG Cyberpointers. The big mystery with this project is when we are going to get our next set of directions. The last set of directions came out on Oct. 20th, 2009 and we have not gotten any since. I finished the middle square today. I was behind because the directions did not have enough tread to complete the Lazy Daises so I got frustrated. The colors are a little whacked out in this picture but they are still pretty bright. I think I will have this made into an insert on a bag. The colors are a little to much to decorate with but pink, purple and green are the colors in most of my clothes.

I spent Monday and Tuesday night working on this project. I did get quite a bit accomplished. All the blue in the flower is new.

I am not sure if I will be able to show a picture of next weeks work. I am doing a piece for a friend that is writing a chapter in a math text book on diaper patterns, needlepoint and math. I am supposed to test her directions and make comments. It is a cube but I only have week to finish this project so she can meet her deadline.

I did read a book this week. I finished Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters. It was a free book on Kindle and the first in a series of books. I enjoyed this book. It is a good, easy summer read. It has some mystery, some history, and likable characters. I think I will have to work my way through this series. Kindle was having a sale on book 8 so I did buy that one. I guess I will just have to fill in at full price 2-7. Currently, I am reading another free book from Kindle called Rooms. I am not far enough into this book to make any judgements yet.

The weekend is finally here. We are having friends over tonight to watch the Hawk's game and have some dinner. Tomorrow is a friends 40th birthday party in the suburbs and Sunday will be more hockey and stitching butt so I can get the cube done on time. I am also planning on planting flowers this weekend. It is supposed to be in the 80's which is my favorite temperature.

I hope you have a great weekend. Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how your mystery is coming along. Those colors sure pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing about the mystery project instructions being so long in between. It's hard to keep one's mojo going at that pace. I do like the project very much and those wonderful bright colors on the black background are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the supplies for the Mystery Project. I have yet to start it & probably will wait until I have all the parts. I am also disappointed but I hope the information will continue soon....

    ReplyDelete