Friday, January 21, 2011

Lets Talk Scissor Fobs


Today's blog is all scissor fobs. My Guild is having a retreat in March and I am in charge of arranging it. I don't think many of my guild members read this blog so I am going to show you the gifts I made over the past couple of days. Even if they do see these, everyone is just going to get a bag of goodies. I don't want to get involved with a pick and choose match. They can trade with their neighbor if they don't like what they got.


The fobs are a great way to use up left over beads. I have a huge beading box and I don't bead much any more. Everything is from my stash other than the charms on the bottom and the clasp. The top three are mine. They are made from expensive beads or the red and yellow one I liked because it reminded me of my years as a Chi Omega. I should have put an owl on the bottom but I was not thinking which is not unusual.

Earthy


Formal





Dots


Dainty


Natural



The Blues



The whole bunch!


In total, there are 21 fobs for the Guild and 3 for me. The three for me can also be used as a backup in case some one's fob breaks or we get more people than I expect. When I get a final count of the people attending the retreat, I can make some more if necessary. Let me just say it is a crap load of work to make 20 of anything.

This weekends focus is the Bears/Packers game. DH just came back from the butcher that made homemade cheese brats and hot dogs for the big game. I am sure Sunday will be another big party. I keep hearing him on the phone saying "So you will be here Sunday." I will get my touch up house cleaning done tomorrow and hopefully get to sit down and get back to stitching. My cold is basically over but I only spent one night this week with Beautie Spot. I really want to work on Mayan Lighting.

That is all that is going on in the frozen tundra. I have not left the house in a week other than a walk to Walgreen's and a trip to Michael's. I really need to get out of this place. Maybe I will go back to working in the office next week. Weather pending:)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend and Go BEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment